Position: Product Designer
Do you nerd-out by solving challenging design problems in a complex domain? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where your work will directly impact customers and business growth? Do you crave learning opportunity and permission to master your craft?
If so, then our Product Designer role at JumpCloud could be a good fit for you. We’re disrupting a two decade old monopoly with a new technology we’ve built called Directory-as-a-Service®. We give companies freedom of choice with their IT solutions (without sacrificing security). Our users are IT professionals and the users they support. As a SaaS-deployed solution, it’s critically important that our users are successful with our product immediately.
What you’ll be doing:
- The primary focus for this role will be on design specification, prototyping, and keeping the flow from ideas through product. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to jump in on user research, data analysis, user testing, creating design concepts and patterns, and supporting other parts of the company when they have design needs. More specifically, you’ll:
- Creating simple, intuitive flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Validating designs and design assumptions with target users
- Partnering with Product Management and Engineering to take features from conception to launch
- Making day-to-day design calls as new information comes up (think...we have a new engineering constraint, you got a great question from a developer, your product manager just brought you a new business insight)
- Building empathy for our customers and using research to inform design solutions
We’re looking for:
- Great design chops - strong aesthetic, good sense for what design will work for our users and their context
- Empathize with our unique IT users, understand our technology, and simplify complex functional operations into smooth and intuitive user experiences.
- Experience applying user research findings into your designs
- Proficiency using tools, such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision to present designs
- Strong visual and written communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- 3 + years experience working on complex web applications