Reporting Structure: Reports to Chief Strategy Officer
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to focus on JumpCloud’s Microsoft Active Directory-focused features and market segments. Product Marketing at JumpCloud is a strategic role that helps improve the educational foundations of internal audiences such as sales and marketing, with key training and enablement, competitive positioning, messaging, feature go-to-market, and more. The role also requires significant external messaging and evangelism to ensure JumpCloud’s position in critical market segments is understood and strongly demonstrated. As the subject area expert in this market segment, you will work cross-functionally, serving as a key resource between product management, marketing, and sales, and will ensure that all internal departments are in sync on the positioning. Additionally, you will develop an affinity for the target buyer, ensuring that JumpCloud’s externally-facing activities accurately position us in prospects’ minds.
- Positioning and Messaging. Build JumpCloud’s positioning and messaging for the company’s Microsoft Active Directory-focused features and market segment. Understand the market, competitors, users, pains, and more to accurately position our product and features in prospects’ minds in the various use-cases they require with Active Directory (e.g., integrating with AD or migrating away from AD). Operationalize processes around this so that the entire company is operating from this information.
- Competitive Intelligence and Analysis. Understand the competitive landscape and translate this analysis to internal and external work products. Develop processes for collecting competitive intelligence, distilling into the right level of details, and then translating into internal and external communications.
- Go to Market Leadership. Provide leadership around go to market activities for our feature releases. This includes building feature level positioning and competitive landscapes, preparing internal teams, and informing launch activities. While other arms of the marketing team will execute on many of the public-facing deliverables, you must be able to understand growth marketing approaches.
- Internal Enablement. Develop processes, training, and documentation for internal enablement. This includes training sales and marketing, supporting the creation of sales decks, and more.
- 5+ years of product marketing or related experience
- Experience in SaaS product marketing within product-led companies
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory operations, features and vendor ecosystem
- Ability to simplify complex information for communication
- Track record of translating complex products and markets into consumable information
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking to highly technical audiences
- Analytical approach to understanding product marketing
- Comfortable with autonomy, driving initiatives, and acting as an owner of your domain
- Extremely well organized with the ability to manage multiple initiatives at once and deliver on time
- Highly driven and self-motivated