You will be responsible for defining what the team will build based on our product roadmap and for conveying that to multiple scrum teams through the prioritized product backlog. You’ll work closely with both our Product Managers, who will define the overall vision, and our Engineering teams, who will execute this vision.
- You will help motivate the team with clear goals tied to our product roadmap.
- Starting with a high level product solution, you’ll work directly with key stakeholders to define and prioritize clear stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- You will formally accept stories completed by the engineering team as our customer representative.
- You will dive deep enough into our products and underlying technologies to understand the best ways to break apart high level work into units that both provide incremental customer value and are understandable by an engineering team.
- You will ensure teams are continuously delivering end user value by defining MVPs.
- You will partner with other Technical Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and Product Managers to ensure JumpCloud is thinking broadly about how our products meet our customers’ needs most effectively.
- You will uniquely understand the market, the customer, and the business context to make excellent decisions.
- You will use your excellent communication skills to tailor project details to stakeholders across the company.
We’re looking for…
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with Agile teams using Scrum.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Management and User Experience teams to build the best customer experience.
- Experience partnering with Engineers to define excellent stories, facilitate accurate story point estimation, and clear acceptance criteria.
- Understand the unique challenges associated with requirements definition in an agile environment.
- BS/BA degree.
- Deep experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Apple OS X, MS Windows, or Linux, particularly around system/user management. (If you don’t have this experience, you must at least have the aptitude and interest to gain it.)
- Background in Identity and Access Management, Security, or Software as a Service products.