About the Org
JumpCloud’s mission is to disrupt an industry by securely connecting users to anything they need using a single identity. We help companies large and small separate from the one element that has kept them grounded from the cloud: Active Directory. That means doing it better, faster, easier and more securely by using the latest technology. At JumpCloud we are building the future of identity.
Our product team is empowered to identify what the future looks like, and plan a path to get there using data, research, and empathy. We guide exceptional multi-disciplinary teams toward our collective vision while empowering them to do great work. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to lead key aspects of our strategy, drive them forward, and grow alongside the company while we change the future.
About the Role
As a Product Manager within Systems, you will lead our team of engineers and designers to deliver industry-leading experiences for employees of companies using JumpCloud. As an expert in consumer-grade products, you will be responsible for connecting employees to all the resources they need with the ultimate convenience and usability while ensuring security. In collaboration with our Systems product management team, you will extend JumpCloud’s leadership in cross-platform management of computers using the JumpCloud Directory-as-a-Service.
What you will be doing:
- Set the strategy and roadmap for the JumpCloud capabilities facing the end-user (employee) as part of the machines mission, and lead products and features under your management to ensure our investments in this space will result in the highest value for our customers.
- Own the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of your ideas and lead them to become new features of, or ancillary products to, our Directory-as-a-Service.
- Lead the scoping and creation of features and products, communicating and driving what your customers need through our agile process.
- Maintain diligence and perform analysis on the market JumpCloud serves to understand competitive offerings, their positioning, functionality and value propositions.
- Work with customers, fellow product managers, user experience, architects, engineering teams, QA, marketing, sales, customer success, and senior leadership to formulate and execute the best path forward.
What you should have:
- You have 5 years of experience as a Product Manager directing the strategy and execution of customer facing products products.
- Product management experience building and maintaining large-scale software systems supporting consumers in a B2C environment or enterprise end-user personas in a B2B2C environment
- Experience delivering products with consumer-grade user experiences, working with end-user or consumer personas
- Data-centric approach and technical expertise to help develop and measure the impact of a solution
- You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Ability to make trade-off decisions that identify core needs and solve them quickly
- Proven experience working in iterative agile development methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related industry experience
- Experience with delivering product to employee devices such as Windows, Mac, Linux, mobile, or other end-user or consumer devices a must
- Experience with IT-related technologies such as directory services, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML or similarly complex products a bonus
- Empathy, humility, passion, precision, organizational skills, self-direction, presentation skills
- Knowledge and deep appreciation of user research, current states of design and user experience, the product manager role in the agile process
This position is based in Boulder, CO.