About the Team
About the Role
As a Product Manager within Auth, you will lead our team of engineers and designers to deliver secure connectivity between a JumpCloud identity and any resource an employee needs. As an expert in authentication protocols and technologies, you will be responsible for finding secure and convenient paths for a user to access their resources and finding new ways to connect devices, applications, and networks to JumpCloud.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the strategy and roadmap for product functions you manage to ensure our investments in this space will result in the highest value for our customers.
- Own the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of your ideas and lead them to become new features of, or ancillary products to, our Directory-as-a-Service.
- Lead the scoping and creation of features and products, communicating and driving what your customers need through our agile process.
- Maintain diligence and perform analysis on the market JumpCloud serves to understand competitive offerings, their positioning, functionality and value propositions.
- Work with customers, fellow product managers, user experience, architects, engineering teams, QA, marketing, sales, customer success, and senior leadership to formulate and execute the best path forward.
- 5 years of experience as a Product Manager directing the strategy and execution of customer-facing products.
- Product management experience building and maintaining large-scale software systems
- Data-centric approach and technical expertise to help develop and measure the impact of a solution
- Ability to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Ability to make trade-off decisions that identify core needs and solve them quickly
- Proven experience working in iterative agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and deep appreciation of user research, current states of design, user experience, and the product manager role in the agile process
- Empathy, humility, passion, precision, organizational skills, self-direction, presentation skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related industry experience
- Experience with IT-related technologies such as directory services, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, MultiFactor Authentication or similarly complex technologies is a must