JumpCloud is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our small but growing Accounting team. This is a newly created position due to growth and will report directly to the Controller. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a small but growing Accounting organization at a burgeoning startup in Boulder, CO.
The primary initial responsibilities of the Senior Accountant role will be managing the Accounting and controls around the order to cash process, specifically related to JumpCloud’s SaaS subscription billing model.
- Review sales contracts and manage the billing and revenue recognition process for all our customers, including collections and responding to customer inquiries
- Prepare, reconcile and review monthly fluctuations for revenue accounts, deferred revenue accounts, accounts receivable and related allowance accounts.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve Revenue Accounting system’s productivity and performance
- Assist with other general accounting functions as needed, including assisting with financial audits and special projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred, but not required
- Fundamental understanding of ERP systems
- Exposure to navigating US GAAP guidance
- Familiar/experienced with ASC 606
- Experience with Quickbooks, NetSuite and Salesforce is a plus, but not required
- Experience within SaaS industry
- Strong analytical, organizational, communications, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize upon the various responsibilities and understand the interdependencies of others within the function of this role.
- Excellent computer and excel skills