Position: Software Engineer, Data Team
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe? JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) has built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to be the next member of our newly forming data engineering team and help shape the company’s strategy around data. This team is being tasked with building the engine for managing and organizing the businesses product data. They will interface with our existing SaaS product while building and maintaining all of the infrastructure, applications, pipelines and databases focused around providing product telemetry to both customers and internal stakeholders. If you’ve had fun building out the Data engine for a SaaS product before and would like to do it again we have the role for you.
We’re looking for…
- 5+ years of commercial web software development experience in a variety of languages (Java, Python, C, or C++) with a strong interest to learn and work in Go and Node.js. (Bonus points for already having some Go experience)
- Prior experience architecting and developing an end to end streaming application that ingests and analyzes large flows of pipeline data
- Experience with SaaS applications in the cloud and a solid understanding of cloud technologies (AWS preferably)
- 3+ years of relational database experience (MySQL, Postgres etc.)
- Comfortable with Linux/OSX/Unix as desktop development environment
- Git experience
- Experience with MongoDB and ElasticSearch is plus