Position: Principal Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe? JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to lead our Data Engineering team and help shape the company’s strategy around data. You’ll be leading the architectural design and implementation of game changing features for our customers. This Data Engineering team is tasked with managing and organizing our business product data. The team builds and maintains all of the infrastructure, applications, pipelines and databases focused around providing product telemetry to both our customers and the internal business. Come be a part of an exciting new team where you will be able to help shape the company’s strategy around data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with executives and other principal engineers/architects to orient the data team’s strategy with the company goals
- Lead data engineering team to design and implement data stores, pipelines, ETL routines and API access
- Lead data product teams to consume data and make it available to both internal and external customers for analysis, troubleshooting, BI, predictive use cases, etc
- Design and implement features built on machine learning, such as an advanced intrusion detection solution
- Designing and implementing APIs that deliver data to our customers
We’re looking for…
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of relational database experience (MySQL, Postgres)
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience and a solid background in relational technologies is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management such as Puppet, Chef, or Saltstack
- Experience shipping public facing code and working on real running systems at scale
- Good understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example, Snowflake, SQL, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and others
- 8+ years of commercial software development experience, preferably SaaS/Web development, in a variety of languages (Java, Python, C, or C++) with a strong interest to learn and work in Go and Node.js. (Bonus points for already having some Go experience)
- Experience with the HashiCorp suite of technologies is a plus
- Solid understanding of API design
- You lead by example and you’re very capable of rolling up your sleeves and writing production code
- Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater (where you can hear great bands warming up next door).