Your team will sit in the Engineering organization and will primarily handle technical escalations from our Customer Success team. You will lead a group of escalation engineers who are highly skilled in detailed root cause analysis, and software engineers who will fix software defects, develop tools and focus on increasing the quality of the JumpCloud product.
- You will partner with Customer Success to manage engineering escalations, driving resolutions to critical issues.
- You will be adept at communicating at various levels throughout the company, from detailed technical discussions with the engineering team, to customer facing meetings.
- You will track and drive improvements in customer focused engineering metrics e.g. Customer Found Issues.
- You will own the day to day engineering management of Escalation, Software and QA Engineers including hiring, on-boarding and mentoring.
- You will be an active member of the engineering leadership team, partnering with peers and other teams to build, lead, and inspire a world class engineering organization.
We’re looking for…
- You will have 3+ years in an escalation leadership role within a technology company.
- You will be a quick technical study, where you will use your experience working on highly technical products to rapidly understand an issue in enough depth to help drive root cause and subsequent fixes from within your team.
- You have a data driven approach, where you will use data to drive decisions and improvements.
- You have experience managing cross functional teams including Escalation Engineers, Dev and Quality engineers.
- You have a proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- You maintain a track record of continuous improvement through innovation, delivery, process development, and quality.
- You possess a BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- You have a strong technical foundation in software engineering design principles.
Bonus points if you have...
- Background in Identity and Access Management
- Experience leading an Engineering Team in a SaaS company