Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe? JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
We’re looking for an experienced Systems Architect to help lead our Systems Engineering team and help shape the company’s strategy around how we manage our customer’s systems. You’ll be leading the design and implementation of game changing features for our customers. The System Engineering team is tasked with seamlessly integrating our customer’s systems into their JumpCloud ecosystem. We want our customer’s systems to be a seamless gateway which securely and quickly allows access to all of their applications, be they local, in their I.T. data center, or in the public cloud. You’ll be working on desktops, servers, and notebooks and all of the modern operating systems. Come be a part of an exciting team which is critical to the success of JumpCloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with executives and principal engineers to align the strategy of the systems engineering team with the company goals
- Help lead the systems engineering team to design and implement functionality which tightly integrates Mac, Windows and Linux client systems with the JumpCloud SaaS portal
- Help the team to work through the countless design trade-offs necessary to deliver significant features in an iterative fashion
- Support our product managers to provide initial level of effort estimates and/or to design proof of concept experiments which help to inform our product roadmap
- Have a major impact across the engineering org by being a role model and mentor for other engineers
- Make key technology decisions, inform build vs buy decisions, and inform new product development vs technical debt discussions
- Partner with other Software Architects in the company to help drive our overall technical strategy and to help improve our processes, techniques and technologies
- Get your hands dirty as needed helping to implement and review particularly gnarly features
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of delivering native software applications on one or more modern operating systems (i.e. Mac, Windows, or Linux) in a variety of languages (Java, Python, C, or C++) with a strong interest to learn and work in Go. (Bonus points for already having some Go experience)
- OS Internal APIs
- Agent development for client systems
- Native GUI Application Frameworks
- SaaS architectures, especially microservices and RESTful APIs
- The successful candidate should be strong in at least one of our target OSs; should be comfortable in at least one more; and should be interested in all 3.
- 5+ years working on an agile development team with expertise in the entire development lifecycle, from roadmap definition through delivery.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by modern I.T. shops in deploying and managing their fleet of desktop, servers, and laptops.
- Somebody who still knows how to bang out code with the best of them.