We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect to lead our Data Engineering team and help shape the company’s strategy around data. You’ll be leading the design and implementation of game changing features for our customers. This Data Engineering team is tasked with managing and organizing the businesses product data. It builds and maintains all of the infrastructure, applications, pipelines and databases focused around providing product telemetry to both our customers and the internal business. Come be a part of an exciting new team where you will be able to help shape the company strategy around data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with executives and principal engineers to orient the data team’s strategy with the company goals
- Lead data engineering team to design and implement data stores, pipelines, ETL routines and API access
- Lead data product teams to consume data and make it available to both internal and external customers for analysis, troubleshooting, BI, predictive use cases, etc
- Design and implement features built on machine learning, such as an advanced intrusion detection solution
- Designing and implementing APIs that deliver data to our customers
We’re looking for…
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of relational database experience (MySQL, Postgres)
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience (AWS Redshift would be great) and a solid background in relational technologies is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management such as Puppet, Chef, or Saltstack
- Experience shipping public facing code and working on real running systems at scale
- Good understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example, Snowflake, SQL, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and others
- 8+ years of commercial software development experience, preferably SaaS/Web development, in a variety of languages (Java, Python, C, or C++) with a strong interest to learn and work in Go and Node.js. (Bonus points for already having some Go experience)
- Experience with the HashiCorp suite of technologies is a plus
- Solid understanding of API design
- You lead by example and you’re very capable of rolling up your sleeves and writing production code
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater (where you can hear great bands warming up next door).
Why JumpCloud? You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling. This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks to continue to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high performance product will be valued!
Please submit your resume along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.