Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software.
We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
We are looking for inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the fluid education, support, integration, and adoption of our Directory-as-a-Service® (DaaS) platform.
In this position, you will:
- Leverage your passion and prior experience in technology to demonstrate our product to audiences over the web and in person at specific events.
- Provide technical support to our customers through ongoing issue triaging.
- Resolve customer’s issues via email, telephone or remote web session.
- Collaborate with peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective, world-class solutions to customers.
- Ensure the success of our customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product - one which ensures the access of their entire employee base to all of the resources they need - their servers, workstations and laptops, the networks they access to all of the web and on-premise applications they use every day.
- Reproduce issues in-house and respond back in a timely manner.
- Regularly follow-up with customers on recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles to capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users.
We’re looking for… someone who likes the challenge of ensuring the success and delight of customers when using our software products who displays phenomenal abilities to demonstrate and articulate our product and company in front of technical audiences.
- A strong desire to see customers win and be successful at their jobs through the utilization of our Directory-As-A-Service software
- 2 or more years experience in a technical, customer-facing position
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Previous work experience as an IT Admin or SysAdmin in a technical domain and a basic understanding of the following technologies is preferred, but not required:
- Directory Services (Active Directory, LDAP)
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS a plus!)
- Single Sign-on
- SAML protocol
- Windows, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems
- User onboarding and offboarding
- Software systems setup and configuration experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative.
- Possesses a logical approach to problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree desired