What’s new from JumpCloud®? This month, we will cover our new support of BitLocker full disk encryption, updated system/user search, a Policy update, some helpful tips from our team, and more!
BitLocker Full Disk Encryption for Windows!
We are excited to announce that JumpCloud now supports the enablement of BitLocker Full Disk Encryption for Windows®! Protect your entire fleet of Windows endpoints from data theft due to lost or stolen systems, while getting centralized key escrow and recovery with just a few clicks, all from a single pane of administrative glass. You can learn more about full disk encryption and the new policy on our blog. Also, be prepared for our release of Full Disk Encryption for Mac® FileVault, coming soon.
Feature Update: Enhanced User Search and Filter
In January, we rolled out enhanced System search and filter capabilities that give admins more granular System discovery in the JumpCloud console. This month, we have extended these search and filter tools to the Users list, giving admins the ability to refine user searches for improved results. For instance, admins can now choose specific attributes to search for, including username, department, job title, location, and more. Additionally, the new user filter can be used to refine users by attributes, allowing admins to choose the specific users they are looking for.
Policy Enhancement: Windows OS Updates
We are excited to give you more control over how and when Windows updates and upgrades are downloaded and installed on your JumpCloud managed computers. Soon, admins will have the following additional options available in the Configure Windows Updates policy, which applies to systems running Windows 10/Server 2016 and later:
- Defer updates for up to one month after release.
- Defer automatic feature upgrade installation for up to eight months.
- Pause update installation beginning on specified date for up to 35 days.
- Pause feature upgrade installation beginning on specified date for up to 35 days.
- Set a deadline for the automatic restart to complete update installation. The length of the deadline can be specified and will occur outside of active hours.
Solutions Corner: Sending Password Expiry Notifications To Systems and Generating Reports
JumpCloud’s solutions architects have found new ways to improve your Directory-as-a-Service experience using pre-existing features of the DaaS platform. This month’s helpful hints include:
Password Expiry Notification with Commands
Password/account expirations can be detrimental for end users and admins alike, and account reset emails can often fall unnoticed. Thankfully, using commands, admins can prompt users to reset their JumpCloud accounts, notifying them directly on their Mac or Windows system. You can learn more about these commands at our Knowledge Base.
Reporting with the JumpCloud PowerShell Module
JumpCloud admins can use the JumpCloud PowerShell module to query the API for CSV reports by system, user, group, and more. Learn more in these Knowledge Base articles:
Customer Success Corner: Tips and Tricks
Our Success Team is working hard to ensure that JumpCloud customers have the best experience possible. Here are a few best practices to help you effectively tackle some common issues.
- When you contact JumpCloud Support, remember that support is provided for JumpCloud Administrators only. You may be asked to provide your OrgID and your admin email. We apologize for any inconvenience, but it is important that we ensure a secure support experience by only allowing admins to make changes to their JumpCloud environment.
- If you are reporting a JumpCloud Agent issue, be sure to include the following:
- OS Version/build number
- Agent version, found in
- MAC | LINUX: /opt/jc/version.txt
- WINDOWS: C:\Program Files\JumpCloud\Plugins\Contrib\version.txt
- The agent log, found in
- MAC | LINUX: /var/log/jcagent.log
- WINDOWS: C:\Windows\Temp\jcagent.log
- For managing systems, it’s a good idea to have an Administrator account on all systems.
- Be sure to set up more than 1 JumpCloud Administrator account.
If you need to change your password, and you are on a Mac, use the Mac App to simply, securely, and easily propagate your password to all connected endpoints.
JumpCloud Brand Updates
If you have been a JumpCloud customer for a while, you may have noticed changes to the look, feel, and content on our website. We know changes of this type can be potentially disruptive to our customers, so we want to give you some insight into why we are doing this. We have determined that we have an opportunity to make our website, product, and support site more cohesive, clear, and easy to use. Moving forward, you will see us continue to update the look and feel of our website. More specifically, we will continue expanding use of our new color palette, updating our graphics, and clarifying how we describe our product and offer help.
We will also introduce changes to the look and feel of our support site and our product as it makes sense—all with the aim of creating a better experience for our customers.
Come see us at MacADUK 2019!
JumpCloud is attending this year’s Mac Admin & Developer Conference UK, March 26 & 27th, in London! We will be presenting a keynote address, delivered by our CSO, Greg Keller, and a workshop by Solutions Architect, Scott Reed, on the 27th. If you are attending, make sure to visit us in the Networking Area to learn more about how you can streamline Mac deployment with JumpCloud.