JumpCloud® makes work happen for thousands of customers in 140 countries, so IT administrators can secure and manage user identities, devices, and access control anywhere they’re located. This was true before the COVID-19 pandemic, but as our company adjusted to WFH (working from home) we felt more disconnected from the IT admins who use JumpCloud.
So we asked ourselves: As the world shifts into more mixed, distributed, and remote environments, what can we do to connect with our IT admin community in new and meaningful ways?
Here’s how JumpCloud is staying engaged with admins near and far.
Talk Shop at JumpCloud Office Hours
JumpCloudians love to talk shop — specifically, we enjoy chatting with fellow IT, DevOps, and security pros about the joys and pitfalls of what we do.
This was the main driver to start up JumpCloud Office Hours, a weekly Friday event on assorted topics hosted by a rotating panel of experts (though any Office Hours regulars will by now recognize the formidable beard and brainpower of Dan Fay, a regular panelist and all-around JumpCloud platform guru).
The first edition of Office Hours took place in late April, and since then it’s become our favorite event of the week. Join us sometime to chat with fellow JumpCloud admins and learn about MDM, LDAP, device security, and beyond.
(Or, simply show up: We appreciate those of you who join just to listen in. Thanks for being there!)
Have an idea for a topic or want to queue a question for next Friday’s edition? Email the team any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us in the JumpCloud Lounge Slack
Come chat with us in the JumpCloud Lounge, a public Slack workspace created for IT pros to share tips, compare solutions, ask questions, and connect with peers around the globe. You’ll get acquainted with a host of JumpCloudians in the Lounge, notably Brandon White, an IT veteran with years of expertise under his belt who helped get the Lounge off the ground.
Use this link to join the Lounge. When you’re in, these automated Slackbot responses can assist your next steps when you type them in a private message to yourself:
- !help will provide a contact email and individuals you can reach out to if you need any assistance in the Lounge (not JumpCloud’s support, sales, or customer success pros).
- !channels will show you all the active channels in the Lounge you can join, like #macos, #directory-insights, #active-directory, and #applications to name just a few. If you have an idea for a new channel, send your request to email@example.com.
- !rules will outline the Lounge’s house rules, which are in place to make sure you know the lay of the land and understand expectations for the community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the rules or need assistance.
Shining the Spotlight on Your Stories
We’re serious about our customers’ experiences with their use of the JumpCloud platform, as well as their direct interactions with us. Not only is the team eager to assist any scenario customers encounter, we’re also constantly impressed by how customers set up and use JumpCloud at their organizations. No two IT environments look exactly alike, so we’re always giddy to learn how JumpCloud admins make the platform work for their needs.
We feature as many customer stories as we can in a few different way:
- Case studies feature JumpCloud customers from any industry and company structure, and with unique challenges to solve. Whether JumpCloud is your first-ever directory or you’re shifting away from Active Directory and going domainless, we’re all ears for how you completed this mission with JumpCloud.
- Webinars and Office Hours are great ways to show off exactly how a JumpCloud admin sets up and puts JumpCloud to work at their company. Coming up next: John Ellis at Tech Soft 3D is featured in our Aug. 19 webinar to discuss how he helped his company migrate from Active Directory to JumpCloud.
- Our Where’s The Any Key? podcast is hosted by JumpCloud’s IT Support Engineer Ryan Bacon who interviews guests to learn about their career stories, debunk common misconceptions about IT, and give listeners a window into IT operations at their business.
We have to give a special shoutout to Justin Price, IT manager at Chase International, who’s about to achieve the trifecta of customer stories around how he implemented JumpCloud during the COVID-19 pandemic: Justin partnered with us on a case study, a webinar, and he’ll be a guest at an upcoming Office Hours in September!
Are you interested in sharing your story? Reach out to us and we’ll set it up! Be sure to tell us your T-shirt size so we can send you JumpCloud gear in return.