The JumpCloud® Directory-as-a-Service® platform is intuitive for new IT administrators and users, but education tools can help people dig into the platform even more quickly. That’s why we’re excited to launch JumpCloud University™ — a free education platform with specialized learning paths, guided simulations, and videos to help you get the most out of your directory service.
In this post, we walk through our education philosophy and what you can learn through JumpCloud University.
Our Education Philosophy
JumpCloud University is a reflection of how much we value education as part of our solution. This education platform is designed to give you the flexibility to take applicable courses but skip courses that you don’t need. We believe in freeform learning so you can take any course, watch any video, and practice any task without being locked into a certain series.
We believe learning is most effective when the learner gets to choose what they need, when they need it, and how they need it — and then move on with their day. Structure is there if you want it, but you can easily have freedom to get in, get the information you need, and get out.
Maximizing Learning at JumpCloud University
Here are five ways we build our courses to help you retain information:
- Understand the “why”: There’s huge value in understanding the purpose behind a task. It helps create context within the big picture and provides a sense of meaning. We build our features to solve everyday challenges in the IT world, so we make sure to share that as part of the learning process.
- Multi-sensory: Memory increases exponentially for every sense used in the learning process. You’ll remember something better if you use two or three or four senses rather than just one. For example, your brain will have increased memory for something you see and hear at the same time, or something you see and do at the same time. Our education materials use a blended multi-sensory approach to make sure your learning is optimized.
- Repetition: On average, people forget 50% of new information within the first hour afterward, according to eLearning Industry. In order for our brains to commit information to memory, we need to see it multiple times and in multiple ways. We build this principle into your learning journey by including repetition throughout our resources. You will see information multiple times before it’s over.
- Practice: Learning by doing is one of the most powerful methods. JumpCloud University offers hands-on practice through guided simulations. Not only does this build muscle memory by walking through workflows, but it also builds confidence with expert guidance for when you’re ready to try on your own. And, remember that we offer a free account forever for 10 users and 10 systems for you to get your hands dirty.
- Check back: Whether you prefer to learn independently or with an expert, it’s crucial (and validating) to check your knowledge as you go. We build quizzes into our courses to provide instant feedback, even for independent learners. If you attend a live session, you’ll have immediate access to Q&A with our experts. Plus, you might identify areas where you need more information — if you decide to contact support, you’ll know exactly what to ask.
JumpCloud understands the importance of education for our users. We weave our values through every piece of JumpCloud University, from the freedom and flexibility of a learning path to the step-by-step instructions in a tutorial video. You might be ready to jump in for yourself, and that’s great! JumpCloud University is always there to lean back on.
Ready to Enroll?
Get started by looking at classes here. You can browse and explore all of JumpCloud University completely free, without signing up for anything. And when you’re ready to follow along with the course material inside the JumpCloud platform, all you need is a free account.